Company History

Find out more about the history and development of Otto Horntrich Kunststoffverarbeitungs GmbH.

Company History
Gallery Company History
1949
The Otto Horntrich company was founded by brothers Karl and Otto Horntrich as a mechanical weaving mill in Kipfenberg, in the storerooms of the father-in-law.
1953
Death of Karl Horntrich, sole owner Otto Horntrich
1954
Establishment of the company building on Eichstätter Straße
1955
Move to Eichstätter Straße, manufacturing of trouser and suit fabrics with 14 automatic looms
1960
Purchase of the first plastic injection moulding machine for 40,000 DM at the Hanover Fair - beginning of the production of injection-moulded parts from thermoplastics
1965
End of the mechanical weaving mill and continuing expansion of the plastics manufacturing and assembly
1966
Plastic injection moulding facility: Products for the toy industry, chemical industry, packaging industry, electrical industry, Coils for the cable industry, purchase of more injection moulding machines
1985
Son-in-law Hans-Peter-Kerl joins the company
1988
Ultrasonic welding as a new service
1990
Acquisition of an industrial property with manufacturing hall and office building in Kipfenberg-Grösdorf. Transformation of the company Otto Horntrich into a limited company; managing partners: Otto Horntrich and son-in-law Hans-Peter Kerl
1991
Construction of a second manufacturing hall and warehouse
1991
Shift in focus to the new building in Grösdorf
1992
Relocation to the new premises in Grösdorf, Gewerbeweg 2-4,
Expansion of plastic processing - pad printing
1993
Construction of a new warehouse for finished goods
1998
Construction of an additional warehouse for raw materials
1999
Introduction of the quality management system according to DIN EN ISO 9002 on 10.02.1999
1999
50-year company anniversary and opening of the new halls, 18.09.99
2002
New certification in accordance with DIN ISO 9001:2000
2004
Supplier Award from BSH Bosch and Siemens Household Appliance :\nOtto Horntrich company is among the top 40 suppliers of 1500 worldwide
2004
Dorit Kerl-Horntrich is appointed partner and Managing Director
2009
Certification in accordance with ISO 9001:2008
2013
Death of the founder and managing director Otto Horntrich
2014
65 year anniversary of the founding of the company
2018
Certification in accordance with DIN ISO 9001:2015